Digital Marketing Tips For Caterers
Even if you are not super web savvy or obsessed with technology, you have probably heard of the importance of a hyperlink for online marketing. The hyperlink is at the heart of the web, and allows users to navigate their way through countless pages. They are the roadmaps that allow us to travel to our online destinations.
A good way to understand the importance of links for building traffic to your catering website is to picture your website as a new town in the middle of nowhere, with no roads leading up to it. How will your customers ever find you? By getting other similar stores with complementary services to build roads from their stores to yours, customers who are likely in need of your services can easily find your shop.
Larger, well-established stores that are known and trusted by customers will send more business your way, (i.e. Authority Websites). These authority websites are often referred to as expert websites or online resources. These expert sites usually have strong content, a large number of indexed pages and a large number of incoming and outgoing links to related sites that focus on similar themes and keywords. This abundance of inbound links from related websites is a good indicator in Google’s eyes that this site is an authority in that industry
These well-established stores are the types of shops that you want building a path to your store. However, you do not want people building roads to your store from shady shops (i.e. Link Farms) Having these establishments creating pathways to your store will not send customers that are likely to buy from you and will actually hurt your business in the long run.
As more and more credible stores start to build paths to your business, other similar shops will notice and may also want to build paths to your store, and pretty soon these paths become roads and these roads turn into highways that transport a larger quantity of customers to your business who want to buy your services.
So now that you have a general idea on the importance of getting links to your website from credible sources, it’s time to evaluate your Link Building Strategy. Link building is one of the most tedious and time-consuming tasks involved in SEO. Building these roads is no simple job, but it is absolutely worth the effort. In order to get good links, your site must offer good content that other sites want to link to. Below are some top tips for generating high quality content and links:
• Create Lists – Organizing your content into a list format helps keep your points clear, making your content more readable and attractive to the user as opposed to a long page full of text. The truth is, people surfing the web tend to skim rather than actually read everything. For instance titles like “10 Tips for Catering a Halloween Party” or “5 Questions to Ask Your Caterer” make for good resources that are more likely to get linked to.
• Add Humor – You don’t have to be a comedian, but try to spice up your content and writing, making it interesting and fun while still informative. Adding in a bit of humor is a great way to attract links, tweets and digs to your content.
• Answer a Question – What questions are the people in your niche typically seeking answers to? What questions do you find your clients ask the most frequently? Become a resource for the most sought after searches, (i.e. write a post about how soon the search for a caterer should start or an article that talks about the typical costs for certain catering services).
• Include Options for Sharing – If you want your content to be easily found and shared, make it simple for users by adding social sharing buttons that allow readers to easily tweet, email and share your content via social bookmarking sites. This may sound like common sense, but many people overlook it.
• Write Clearly and Accurately – To get your content linked to, it is important that it is written clearly with no spelling or grammatical errors. This will give your article a polished look, improving its chances of being linked to by authoritative sites. Always proofread your work and have others look over it before submitting. A good method to check your work is reading your content out loud. This helps you catch any awkward or repetitive phrases.
Writing original, quality content is ultimately what attracts readers to your site. No matter what you’re writing about, get creative and generate something compelling that will incite users to click on and share your link. This is one of the best ways to position your site as an authority website and get people to link to the pages you want to rank well.